- File Identifier: tl_2014_45_unsd.shp.xml
- Metadata Language: eng
- Parent Identifier: TIGER/Line Shapefile, 2014, Series Information for the Current Unified School Districts State-based Shapefile
- Resource Type: Dataset
- Metadata Date: 2015-09-23
- Metadata Standard Name: ISO 19115 Geographic Information - Metadata
- Metadata Standard Version: 2009-02-15
- Abstract: The TIGER/Line shapefiles and related database files (.dbf) are an extract of selected geographic and cartographic information from the U.S. Census Bureau's Master Address File / Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing (MAF/TIGER) Database (MTDB). The MTDB represents a seamless national file with no overlaps or gaps between parts, however, each TIGER/Line shapefile is designed to stand alone as an independent data set, or they can be combined to cover the entire nation.
School Districts are single-purpose administrative units within which local officials provide public educational services for the area's residents. The Census Bureau obtains the boundaries, names, local education agency codes, grade ranges, and school district levels for school districts from State officials for the primary purpose of providing the U.S. Department of Education with estimates of the number of children in poverty within each school district. This information serves as the basis for the Department of Education to determine the annual allocation of Title I funding to States and school districts.
TIGER/Line Shapefiles include separate shapefiles for elementary, secondary and unified school districts. The school district boundaries are those in effect for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Purpose: In order for others to use the information in the Census MAF/TIGER database in a geographic information system (GIS) or for other geographic applications, the Census Bureau releases to the public extracts of the database in the form of TIGER/Line Shapefiles.
- Language: eng
- Title: TIGER/Line Shapefile, 2014, state, South Carolina, Current Unified School Districts State-based Shapefile
- Date: 2014
- Date Type: Publication Date
- Edition: 2014
Point Of Contact:
- Representation Type: Vector
- Topic Category: Administrative and Political Boundaries
- Keyword: State or equivalent entity
- Keyword: Polygon
- Keyword: School District
- Keyword: Unified School District
- Associated Thesaurus: None
State or Equivalent Entity
- Associated Thesaurus: ANSI INCITS 38:2009 (Formerly FIPS 5-2),
ANSI INCITS 31:2009 (Formerly FIPS 6-4),ANSI
INCITS 454:2009 (Formerly FIPS 8-6), ANSI INCITS
455:2009(Formerly FIPS 9-1), ANSI INCITS 446:2008 (Geographic Names Information System (GNIS))
West Bounding Longitude:
East Bounding Longitude:
North Bounding Latitude:
South Bounding Latitude:
- Access Constraints: Other Restrictions
- Use Constraints: Other Restrictions
- Other Constraints: Access Constraints: None
- Format Name:
- File Decompression Technique:
The TIGER/Line shapefiles contain geographic data only and do not include display mapping software or statistical data. For information on how to use the TIGER/Line shapefile data with specific software package users shall contact the company that produced the software.
- Scope: Dataset